A human body comprises of several trillion cells, which are involved in various biological processes at any given point in time. Hormones act as chemical mediators and messengers that coordinate and integrate the various activities of the various cells. Gonadotropin is the master hormone in the human body, which controls, supervises and regulates the production, secretion and functioning of other hormones in the body.
Unfortunately, as a part of biological and physiological functioning, HGH levels drop rapidly after the age of 30 years, with an average of 14% decline each decade. This results in various degenerative changes in our body, which are a part of the normal process of aging. In numerical terms, the body produces approximately 500 micrograms of the master hormone each day, which drops to 200 micrograms a day by the age of 40 years.
Research studies suggest that HGH helps reduce excess fat, assists in gaining lean muscle mass, improves mental alertness, enhances libido, boosts energy levels, improves sleep patterns, elevates mood, promotes hair growth and makes the skin healthy, firm and improves its texture.
In contrast, certain studies and reports claim that there is very little evidence with regards to the ability of the master hormone to produce beneficial effects in otherwise normal and healthy adults to regain vitality and youth.
Benefits of Gonadotropin Therapy in Men
HGH provides a host of benefits for its users, with the most essential benefit being “functional medicine”. Some of the essential benefits of HGH in men include:
- Improved Energy and Stamina: Clinical studies and literature on HGH support the claims that HGH improves the overall cardiac and lung functions, thereby increasing the availability and supply of oxygenated blood. This in turn, increases the overall energy levels and enhances sports and athletic endurance.
- Reduces Incidence of Injuries: HGH has known to have beneficial effect on bones by enhancing their mineralization and strength. Further, HGH also works towards building healthy tendons and ligaments which overall reduces the incidence of sport related trauma, fractures and injuries in men.
- Promotes Weight Loss and Increases Lean Body Mass: There are several research studies that are published, which relate the effect of HGH supplements on weight loss and increasing muscle mass. As per a similar study conducted by the University of North Carolina, HGH helps to accelerate fat loss by 25% while maintaining the lean body mass. HGH is known to surpass the effects of a well defined weight loss diet, and helps increase muscle mass without exercise.
- Improves Physical Structure and Strength: HGH works beneficially for men who have poor muscle mass and not adequate fat reserve in the body. HGH therapy tends to help achieve the ideal body weight.
- Reducing Belly Fat: Belly fat or truncal obesity has been associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disorders, hypertension and diabetes. HGH has proven its efficacy against reducing belly fat and improving the structure of the body.
- Increasing Bone Density: Evidence suggests that men are more prone to bone loss and demineralization compared to women, who are protected by various sex hormones, until menopause. As per a Swedish study, HGH supplementation improves the density of the bones and reduces the risk of fracture among men.
- Improving Libido: HGH has a direct impact on improving sexual potency, which tends to rapidly decline after early adulthood. HGH promotes an increase in the level of testosterone and restores sexual functions.
- Improves Sleep Pattern and Fights Insomnia: HGH has a beneficial effect on enhancing the quality of sleep. Men taking HGH supplements have reported of having a deeper sleep and waking up refreshed in the morning.
Research Based Evidence of the Effects of HGH on Older Men
One of the most cited and frequently referred study on the effects of Gonadotropin on men over the age of 60, was published in The New England Journal of Medicine by Rudman and his collogues. The study was published in 1990. The study was conducted on a group of men in the age group of 61 to 80 years and the findings were indicative of the beneficial effects of the master hormone on health and wellness in older males. The study which was conducted over a period of six months, showed that participants who were administered HGH, showed an increase in lean body mass by almost nine percent, whilst showing a reduction in adipose tissue mass by almost 14.4 %. The study also showed 1.6% increase in average lumbar vertebral bone density and increase in skin thickness by 7.1%. The study concluded that, diminished secretion of the master hormone was responsible for a decrease in the lean body mass, an increase in adipose tissue and thinning of skin, as age progressed. The participants were observed for a period of twelve months after the study, and they did not demonstrate any major side effects. However, the study negated the possible benefits of hair growth and fat burning without exercise.